OKAY – how many times have we done this now? Just twice, right? MAYBE three times? Who cares. Here’s the obligatory first-post-after-a-long-relapse post. “WHAT WENT WRONG THIS TIME,” YOU ASK? Again – who fucking cares? Here are the only details that I feel are relevant:
- I got back together with Wallis in January 2018 after just three months apart.
- Shit went off the rails sometime in the spring when I started using.
- Shit went WAY off the rails by October and we split up.
- I called Brandon, he agreed to take me to detox the next day.
- Before that happened, that same night, I got arrested for more drug charges. (Surprise!)
- I got bailed out by my sister ’cause she’s a sweet girl and it WAS ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY.
- I went into detox and moved in with Brandon and Amanda.
- Two months later, I switched it up and moved in with Ellen.
- I started painting again.
- I’ve got two new pieces. One’s already sold; the other hasn’t. (I’ll be posting and writing about all of my “new” art (from this year and last year) here, very soon).
- I’ve been in outpatient treatment since I got out of the hospital.
- Oh – speaking of which – I also had some broken bones around the same time as my detox, from a motorcycle accident. (More on that later (MAYBE)).
- Shit’s going fucking good. (Not “well,” but GOOD; fuck your grammar; language is for communication; I don’t care about rules).
- I recently started dating someone new and I like her a wholllllllllllle fucking lot but I’m not gonna write a lot about her here just now because I learned from experience that – even when the girl is cool with it – parents don’t seem to like it when their daughter starts dating an artist with no sense of boundaries or propriety and writes all about their beloved child’s private life on the internet. Her name is Juliana though and she’s just wonderful.
- Oh – and because I know YOU KIDS WORRY, I’ll just say this much: No, she is not now (nor has she ever been) a heroin addict. And I’m pretty sure she’ll be good for me and I’m gonna do everything I can to be good for her.
More substantive (or at least art-related) posts coming very soon.
Here’s a recent photo of me on a day I was wearing an “employable human” costume – because I don’t want to post the photos of my new paintings just yet but because blog posts should have SOME kind of graphic, right?
I didn’t (proof)read this post after typing it because I’m in a hurry just this minute. If I wrote something wrong, maybe I’ll fix it later, MAYBE NOT.
Love you nerds. Thanks for caring.
One thought on “Back and on the attack (just like that Voodoo Glow Skulls song except not stupid)”
I met you in Jax several years ago and your work inspired me to tears. (I’ve been following to my best abilities since. Some tears of appreciation of what you’ve been through similar to me (addiction), and that you managed to perfectly sum up my life at the time. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the means to purchase at the time but still hope for a print maybe. (still threw a few dollars your way ) I sincerely hope that you keep shit straight and you can have an amazing life going forward.. You are so talented and so sweet. You deserve good. Love from New Orleans. ~Amy